Recommendations

Monday, September 9, 2013

Battle of the Books

Here is the list of books for our friendly Battle of the books contest.This contest is designed to get students reading a variety of fiction books. Our contest will be held on June 5th here at Montair. The questions are not super deep comprehension questions, but designed more for a friendly book battle. It would benefit each student to write a brief summary of each story to refer back to in June.

:: Medium Book List for 5th - 6th Grades: 2013-14 ::

AuthorTitle
BabbittTuck Everlasting
ClearyRalph S. Mouse
CreechRuby Holler
DahlCharlie and the Chocolate Factory
FitzgeraldThe Great Brain
HanniganIda B
KliseRegarding the Fountain
LaFayeWorth
LinWhere the Mountain Meets the Moon
LobelFables
LowryAll About Sam
McSwiganSnow Treasure
RaskinThe Westing Game
RawlsSummer of the Monkeys
RobinsonThe Best School Year Ever
RuckmanNight of the Twisters
SpeareSign of the Beaver
TolkienThe Hobbit
WilliamsThe Velveteen Rabbit (author also listed by the last name, Bianco)
WredeDealing With Dragons

18 comments:

  1. i read the top half, but not the bottom. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read a couple, but not all of the books!
    -Xander

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That, is a lot better than how far I've gone, I have only read one or two of those books!

      -Aaron

      Delete
  3. I barley read ANY of these books...
    Wow. I have a lot of reading to do!!!
    -Spencer

    Edit: Okay, maybe I read one book....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you were right that this encourages us to read what we usually don't read. I haven't heard of most of those books1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Aaron, do this ! instead of this 1. i know, its hard. Someone else explain, please?

      Delete
    2. Dear Max,
      I know, but why didn't you label it EXCLAMATION POINT and not just !, and I guess it's because I let go of the shift button before I pressed the one.

      Delete
  5. I've read seven of them, but that was a real long time ago! :)

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have read about half of the books on the list. Some of them I liked but some of them I didn't like
    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete